Tuesday, November 18, 2008

We interrupt this blog for a special unpaid message plugging handmade..

The only thing making the unseasonable cold, snow and rain that has hit my part of the world a wee bit tolerable is the package I received in the mail over the weekend. I ordered a handmade scarf (with the cutest matching flower pin) from a fabulous Etsy store... cosy up your closet.

Etsy (if you're not familiar) is a handmade marketplace i.e. treasure trove of incredibly talented sellers who are making beautiful items with an attention to detail that you can only find when you buy handmade. Just look at how that box arrived on my doorstep. Beautifully packaged, a handwritten note (is there really such a thing?!) and even a little surprise gift that I didn't order, but have already pinned to a coat with a big smile at the seller's thoughtfulness.

When determining where to spend your holiday green, I'm suggesting peeking around over at Etsy and also considering other handmade outlets. From what I'm reading in the paper, the big guy that rhymes with Dull-Mart is doing okay. And trust me he will never, ever package up your purchase with this much love. Now back to your regular programming.

2 comments:

Susan Hines-Brigger said...

That scarf looks fabulous with your coat. The whole look is very sophisticated and chic. Thanks for the link. Maybe I'll be able to find some goodies to help me look equally stylish.

Anonymous said...

June- First, I love the scarf and flower. I could use that right now. Did I miss Fall? Anyways, thanks for coming by to see me at my blog. I loved what you said about your studio in CPS, so true for so many. Glad you saw through it and made your own inspiring space! Congrats on the spotlight. And super thanks for the compliment on my work. Ahhhhh I love my little life!