Friday, November 14, 2008

Our take on "those" dolls

Lately, my 9-year-old and I have been loving those eclectic little stuffed dolls that seem to be everywhere. Regardless of what you call them, they are fun creatures to make since there is no right or wrong. Awkward shapes, uneven stitches, and mismatch-ness make for all the better and at the same time sum up my sewing ability. The other plus is that they are a great way to use fabric scraps, lonely buttons and leftover pieces of trim.

Cara made the doll above with very little help from me. We were inspired to go at it after reading this article which helps with the basics for those of you with limited sewing skills like us. I think any type of fabric would work just fine although Cara and I opted for softer varieties. We're dreaming up some holiday versions as we strive for more handmade gifts this season. Ideas are welcome!

1 comment:

Susan Hines-Brigger said...

What a great idea. We, too, are trying to go more handmade this Christmas, and this idea will work perfectly. Thanks!!