Friday, November 28, 2008

Holiday Frustrations

Happy day after Thanksgiving a.k.a. Black Friday to all! There is plenty of holiday shopping silliness going on today which begs me to reveal holiday frustrations. Nah...no ranting or raving kind of frustrations here. Just a friendly reminder to keep a sense of humor, remember the reason for the season and know that everything will be okay if 16 varieties of candy don't get made this year (do you hear me self??...it will be okay! ; )

Here's one way we're keeping our stress levels in check. I incorporated some holiday in our frustration pencil crafting. My kids are having soooo much fun with these pencils. They've been crafting pencils of their own and pencils to give to special teachers for Christmas. I also made a bunch of kits to give to several of the younger set on our list this year.

I've included easy-to-follow-illustrated instructions with this kit. The kit will make 4 Merry Mops (that's the red fur pencil with candy cane arms and a long green felt scarf) and 2 Radical Reindeer. Merry Mops have white fur on the inside and red fur on the outside for a tie dyed kind of pencil. The deer feature pipe cleaner antlers and a little bell around their necks. You can purchase a kit over at my Etsy shop if you're interested. These kits take me a bit more time to assemble so there will be a very limited number available over the next couple of weeks. Got to keep that holiday stress in check.

1 comment:

Susan Hines-Brigger said...

Yeah! more frustration pencils. My kids and I love these. Thanks for the new kits just in time to help out with our quest for a mostly handmade Christmas this year.