Friday, October 24, 2008

Grand Opening plus lots of Frustrations

I'm now officially a "store owner". My Art Just for Fun Etsy shop is OPEN for business. Stop on over and take a look. Whew I'm exhausted...long day of moving inventory, sprucing things up and staff training.

This is one of my favorite new products for sale. I have always had a thing for whimsical writing implements and at one time had quite a collection. I was even part of a pencil club with a few of my more eclectic friends. Seriously. At any rate, frustration pencils bring me back to my childhood. I posted about them way back here after finding craft fur at a yard sale. I received tons of e-mails from people unsuccessfully trying to locate craft fur. Thus the idea for a Retro Craft frustration pencil kit was born.

I'm starting things out with a basic kit available in three funky fun colors. Included is a piece of premium craft fur. Much better than anything I've used in the past.

Here's the kit out of the package. Also included is a whimsical set of instructions and patterns illustrated by yours truly.

My basic patterns include ideas to make this happy pencil family: Mr and Mrs. Frustration and little baby Frustration. Of course the best thing about a kit is using your imagination to come up with your own creations. My kids are in absolute craft nirvana right now. Math is going to be a lot more fun with a furry friend to help.

1 comment:

Kim Rae Nugent said...

This post reminds me of your Chunky book page. I think that it was so clever with the place for notes and attached pen!
:)Kim