Sunday, November 16, 2008

IF: Pretend

I created this piece for Illustration Friday's topic of the week: pretend. My first thoughts drifted to the pretend pink, dress-up world of princesses and ballerinas where my three year old currently lives. Then I went back to the dreams I recall having as a child many centering around the ability to grow wings and fly. The piece became more nostalgic than I had originally intended, but that's the great thing about the IF challenge. Every once in awhile it takes you to places that you could only imagine.

2 comments:

INDIGENE said...

Oh, this is so lovely! I love the realistic wings, textures and facial expression! Wonderful!

http://indigeneartforms.blogspot.com

Tessa said...

Gorgeous. I love to textural look of the piece and the wonderful detail. Really lovely art.