Tuesday, September 30, 2008

drumroll...the studio reveal

My new studio has been complete and functioning since way back in July (remember I talked about it right here first??) but somewhere along the way I got too busy to have a proper studio warming. THEN the timing of editors pulling together Cloth Paper Scissors' latest Studios edition aligned my studio completion. Before I knew it I got to be a part of this way cool, completely gorgeous magazine which just hit newsstands a week or two ago.

Starting on page 18 you can read all about yours TRUE-ly, which in fact is aptly named. You see if you glance back here my studio ended up looking nothing like the original plan.

Somewhere along the way, I thought my studio needed to be totally neutral to make art so I wasn't color biased or had walls competing with what I was creating. Like cream walls or something. My house does not have one single boring cream wall so why would I think my studio--the place that is supposed to represent me the most--should? good question. I think I got confused and anxious. All of this pressure to create a "me" space. So my husband (dear) painted not once, but twice. And if you're wondering, yes I do hear about that often.

I can't tell you how happy it makes me to work in this space. I especially LOVE the windows. After having my office/studio in the basement for 10 years having windows with light (that even open!) is quite a luxury. The bones of my new studio were designed and installed by CA Closets. They worked with me to create a highly functioning space.

The final winning colors of the room were raspberry, pumpkin and sky blue. My neutrals.

I found these drawer cabinet things at a yard sale years ago.I purchased two for $15. I love, love, love them. No sense not incorporating them into my new space. I also kept my beloved college drafting table. My office splurges stayed in check by keeping pieces that were already working for me.

Here's a peek into my newly organized closet with ribbon rolls. Look out Martha.

I design and e-mail here. See how the light from the window touches my back? Love it.

So I hope you've enjoyed the tour. I highly recommend picking up CPS Studios if you're looking for inspiration or just eye candy. Tis the season. And it's low-cal unlike that bag of candy corn that I have stashed somewhere in my studio...and don't think I'm telling where. ; )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! The studio looks beautiful. I'm glad you have windows that open.