For the triangles, I used three solids (found at yard sales for pennies) and then sprinkled in my more cherished prints. I powered up my sewing machine and had fun sewing triangles with funky multi-colored thread and zigzag stitches. Nothing too serious...this garland was all about having a good time. Next, I laid out a pattern of sewn triangles (yes, there is a pattern, but heck no, it's not obvious.)
After rummaging through my rick rack box, I found yellow bias tape perfect to string the flags together. (disclaimer: my rick rack box filled with vintage bias tapes, trims, etc. does not exist due to years of sewing. I picked it all up at a yard sale years ago before I sewed anything more than buttons. I knew it was a jackpot for $1, even though I had no idea what to do with the stuff. Self pat on the back...glad I didn't pass that find by.)
Yards and yards of flag later, I can check 'garland' off my booth prep list. Next up is signage. The 3' x 5' piece of primed canvas I ordered from Dick Blick came in the mail yesterday. I'm excited to roll that baby out on the floor and go to work. I'll keep ya updated as the days tick down. It's exciting to see it all come together. Making up a space design and loving it.