Monday, April 6, 2009

This is what you look like when you're mad

I'm not exactly sure what triggered my memory of this little gal. Maybe it was the latest kid temper tantrum or it could have been me having a grouchy day. Regardless, I remembered "mad doll", proceeded up to the attic and dug her out of a box of saved memories. My grandma gave me this figurine back when I was five which was sometime in the mid 70's. Apparently, I was going through a stage of "mad-ness." Grandma G wanted me to see what I looked like. She wanted me to look at this crazy mad doll and laugh instead. I sure wish I knew Grandma G today because that lady had to have a great sense of humor plus she was a crafty genius (I definitely remember that.)

I tried to track down evidence of me needing a mad doll back when I was supposedly going through this little growing phase, but couldn't find any. Just look at this angel with a matching cake nonetheless...could she possibly have a temper? naaaah, I didn't think so either (if anything maybe she was "mad" about the curtains? guessing.)

So Maddoll is out of the box and now has a permanent home in my office for a quick referral in case anybody around here "forgets what they look like." My kids are both amused and "freaked out" by her which I think is exactly the point. I wish I would have remembered her sooner. Nothing like a visual. :0 (

3 comments:

Lori Storrs said...

how cute is that?! we could probably all use a maddoll reminder from time to time.

MB Shaw said...

This is an excellent lesson (not to mention funny). I think your Grandma G. is a genius!

Robin Norgren, M.A, R-YT, Spiritual Director said...

This is hilarious! I am so glad I found your blog!-Robin