Monday, March 30, 2009

Robin vs. Glass

Yesterday morning as I was sipping my coffee, I heard a loud thumping in the family room. At first, I figured it was the restless-spring-breaking kids bouncing themselves off walls. I chose to ignore since there wasn't screaming. However as the thumping persisted, I decided an investigation was needed. Much to my surprise, I found this little guy staring at me through our picture window.

Over and over she/he would fly directly from branch into window with a loud thud. You would think after the tenth or say eleventh time he might give up and realize that there was indeed an invisible barrier between him and our family room...but no. This continued throughout the day and quickly went from amusing to annoying. Repeated attempts to shoo and explain, 'hey bird, you're flying into a window...somebody is going to get hurt and i'm not driving to the emergency room (end statement used interchangeably between bird and kids) did not deter this spring robin's persistence.

Here's our little friend giving the window the evil eye as in the end the glass came out victorious. Hopefully today this silly birdie has gone on to do more mainstream bird things so I can get out there and Windex one bird smudged-up window.

2 comments:

Terre Busse said...

That is really odd. We had a little bird( a finch maybe) doing the same thing at our window. Over and over he kept bumping the window. I thought either he was crazed with spring hormones or he was seeing his own reflection in the glass. Check out the pictures of him I posted on my blog (date March 21).

Something strange is going on...
:)

Anke Martin said...

Oh I can imagine how annoying this is. We have occasionally birds bumping into our windows....hope the bird gave up by now. Smiles, Anke ;)