After trimming the fabric to size, I decided it needed the other kind of trim. I rationalized that 8 yards of perfect trim probably wouldn't turn up at a thrift store anytime soon...so I purchased the above ribbon from a craft store for a big $4. Bringing my table investment to $6. With all the other show necessities adding up, I'm being cautious. My goal is to at least break even.
I hemmed the edges of the fabric first and then went back and added the trim. Not sure if there's a "right" way. If so, my making a trimmed table cloth by the book would have been purely accidental.
Here's my purple, paisley, polka-dotted table cover all finished taking a test run on our dining table. I'll also have a white cloth under it at the show which will extend to the floor so I can hide stuff like bins and bags and maybe myself depending on how things go... : 0
Another big check off the prep list....I've got the table covered.