Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Bags and tags

The bags for the show have arrived!! yep...colorful, fun and best of all~earth friendly. After pouring over options I decided on these. I LOVE a good shop bag (I've been known to ~she admits bashfully~ make purchases just to get the bag.) These non-woven fabric reusable bags are made of virgin polypropylene fiber that is 100% degradable. The cost averaged out to about 85 cents each for different colors in assorted sizes. To me that is money well spent not only for the reuseable factor, but to give my customers something special and show that I value my art. In my opinion, mixed messages are sent when vendors stick their gorgeous handmade items in a Wal-Mart bag. It devalues both the item(s) and the handmade movement. A cake with no icing or worse yet, a cake with big ugly mass retailer advertising all over it. Now hopping off my soapbox...

I also just received my freshly designed business cards. Overnight Prints did the printing and I'm quite pleased with how they turned out. little details: I requested rounded corners for a more handmade/less commercial touch. Also, had the front of the cards coated, but left the back uncoated to pen notes and thank yous.

As for tags, I'm using these awesome Fiskar squeeze punches to cut circles and squares from decorator paper. You squeeze the handles together and out pops a perfect circle or square (and they have tons of other shaped punches available.) The best part is they are designed so that you can see exactly what you are doing. You can punch shapes at lightening speed...such a great investment. Easy on the hands too.

Fluffy fibers attach cards to bags and tags to items. Here's "Love Bird" getting all tagged and ready for her first show. I'm finding out that prepping for an art show is more time consuming than I E*V*E*R dreamed. Admittedly, it's not helping that I am a sweater of the small stuff and think about details almost to a fault. The already packed lint brush and first aid kit are proof. Now watch me forget the art.

6 comments:

Lydia Fiedler said...

WOW - home run on the bags AND the printing - those cards are beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous post. I especially love the part about the plastic retail bags!

That round fiskers punch is my most used tool for scrapping and making product labels!!

Nicole Merkens said...

June- are the circles 2 inches when cut out? They look different on the site when I look at them.
thanks, nicole

June Pfaff Daley said...

yes...the circles are 2 inches. Pretty sure it's considered the Fiskars extra large circle punch. The squares are 1 inch or medium block punch.

thanks you guys for your comments! It means a ton as I try to keep my sanity during the countdown days! : 0

Anke Martin said...

Hi June, looks and sounds great!!! Enjoy preparing! Smiles, Anke ;)

Terre Busse said...

I love all your details. I agree it shows you value your work. I think all the details add to the overall picture. People are going to want to just hang out in your booth, and then hopefully they will buy all your stuff. I would buy from you just to get the bag!