Thursday, May 29, 2008

Inspired to bead

I am so easily distracted. Yesterday, as I was plugging away at design work I got an e-mail from Family Fun. Nothing personal, just the weekly mailer for the masses. I'm still trying to wrap my brain around ideas for teacher gifts so this tutorial caught my eye. Before I knew what was happening, I was in my bead stash searching for the perfect beads to create a stylish beaded bookmark.

I loved the idea to use initial beads to personalize. By the way my kids do not have any teachers this year with initials the same as mine. whoops. I guess I'll be keeping this one. Besides this project is easy enough. My kids will have no problem making their own to give to teachers along with one to keep for summer reading.

...and if you're a graphic designer or creative type looking to be inspired, I highly recommend this fuzzy green book.

No comments: