Monday, April 5, 2010

Not just for showers in April

I just finished the above painting which was inspired by the spring rain and this week's prompt over at Illustration Friday. In case you're wondering about that, the theme of the week was "Dip." However, I read my weekly e-mail reminder really fast and saw "Drip." So all weekend, I'm thinking and painting "drip" which led to water, rain and flowers and how the very toughest moments in life prove to be the ones that reward us in the end with inspiration and valuable life lessons.

I very sheepishly discovered my mistake when I went to submit (whoops!) Regardless, I'm happy with the illustration and the inspiration that came from reading an inspirational prompt incorrectly.

I probably could have skipped the true confession paragraph above and played off "dip" with this painting...(not me, ahem, but: the flowers were dipped in rain drops giving them the strength to bloom even brighter) However, that wouldn't be keeping it real, now would it? And I would never lie to you. Just a self reminder to stop and smell the flowers/slow down especially when reading e-mail. : )

Prints of "Showers often bring flowers" are now available for sale over in my etsy shop.

5 comments:

Becky said...

Beautiful art. I like the texture in your work.

Robin Norgren, M.A, R-YT, Spiritual Director said...

I am in love with how you created the raindrops

Emily said...

Wow! This is fabulous! I love the drips & raindrops- I am glad you mis-read the e-mail! LOL!! :o)

Angie: said...

Love it! The colours are fantastic and I love the drips and the flowers especially! Nice and textural too! So the next question would be what would your inspiration have been for the 'dip' instead of 'drip'?? Hee! xx

Anke Martin said...

Beautiful 'dip' art work ;) I guess sometimes you need a little reminder to enjoy things more or take it a step slower.....hope you had a great Easter!
Smiles, Anke ;)