Monday, March 15, 2010

Five already.

Today's the day. Nora officially turns five. The quickest five years ever I might add. Nora didn't manage to nail down exactly what type of cake she wanted before the cake order deadline. However, Nora's clever mom decided to attempt a Barbie Merliah mermaid cake timed to the release of the new movie. Not that I didn't get helpful hints in the last few days...

Nora: "Hey Mom, did you now that Barbie in a Mermaid Tale is being released on DVD this week?"

Mom: "Really. Isn't that interesting."

Nora: "Yeah. It's in stores now. I sure hope someone gets that movie for me for my birthday."

Mom: "Nora. Nora. Nora."

Nora (shrugging shoulders): "Well, I'm just saying."

When Nora saw her cake for the first time she called it, "AMAZING" and "the BEST birthday cake ever." Pretty high praise. Although catching her staring in awe at the cake was even better. I knew she meant every word. Nora didn't see the imperfections that I did. She thought the cake was perfect and so it was.

In the end, lucky Nora did get her movie (after all those not-so-subtle-hints) and she got to eat her favorite cake too. Another perfectly happy birthday.

3 comments:

Anke Martin said...

Happy Birthday Nora!!!!!!!! I hope you had a wonderful day! And this cake is awesome!!!!!! Thanks for sharing!
Smiles, Anke ;)

Robin Norgren, M.A, R-YT, Spiritual Director said...

it is all going so fast isn't it? Josey is 4 and I was thinking the other day December birthday? I get to have her an extra year (because she misses kdrgtn cutoff)! Happy birthday Miss Nora and good job on the cake Mrs.June!

MB Shaw said...

You are the mama-hostess with the mostess. For whatever its worth, I think you should write a book about improvisational cakes, cookies, etc. Cause you simply ROCK IT!!!