Monday, May 3, 2010

Rack refurbishment

An antique luggage rack has been on my rummage/yard sale radar for a loooong time. When I spied this one two weeks ago (priced at $4), I grabbed it immediately. Luckily, there were no injuries. I had plans for this rack to live in our guest bedroom so suitcases would also have a nice place to rest.

I didn't even think twice about those worn ribbons.

Instead, I saw a beautiful and functional piece of furniture that was perfect for an easy makeover project.

I happened to have this ribbon in my stash (also purchased at a rummage sale in a box like that one.) It was exactly the right width and had the same charm of the original luggage rack ribbon. I knew it was meant to be.

It took about 30 minutes to transform my find including the ribbon replacement and a good polish. A project that was finished up just in time for our guests over the past weekend. Suitcases are now within arms reach at this hotel. And we don't even charge extra.

2 comments:

Robin Norgren, M.A, R-YT, Spiritual Director said...

nice find! You score such great items at yard sales!

Anonymous said...

Hi June,

Love the luggage rack, I too was keeping an eye out
for one, got mine at the local flea market, I carry mine in my car, along with my old style samsonite suitcase, full of art goodies. Thus, I have a mini traveling
art studio! small sitting chair, hat, rack and art case... ready anytime!

Lorraine