Friday, May 14, 2010

The right equipment for Illustration Friday

To be honest, when the Illustration Friday prompt came this morning I wasn't exactly running for my brushes filled with inspired bliss. "Equipment" brought images of tractors, backhoes and other heavy machinery...technical, mechanical kind of stuff that didn't speak to me. However, I was determined to participate. So I looked "equipment" up in the dictionary rather than settle for my preconceived, stifling notions. Definition #2 felt more comfortable:
2, that which equips; supplies; gear.

After finding a way to relate, I illustrated my type of equipment as seen above.

That's what I love about Illustration Friday. A common word is able to produce a wide range of inspiration and images.

And yes, if you're wondering, I do think heavy construction equipment would be happier with more color and of course glitter. Just my thoughts.

7 comments:

k.h.whitaker said...

nice, I love this, I also really love glitter and color and glitter...

Unknown said...

Awesome Artwork!

Cally Johnson-Isaacs said...

Such wonderful texture! Great work June!

MrBibleHead said...

Hey June! Great take on the prompt and terrific work as well.

NANCY LEFKO said...

I love this !!!

Michele said...

I absolutely agree, why don't they make tractors, lawnmowers, etc. in hot pink and glitter? It sure would make things more interesting. :) Of course I think buildings and houses should be more colorful and exciting too. Glitter and color makes the world a happier place!

Anyway, I'm really loving this new piece, and I love how you sewed the buttons on and all the 3D embellishments. such a creative use of the word "equipment". Awesome work!

Unknown said...

Looking surveying instruments in locality? Janak India offer surveying and positioning equipments in Delhi, Noida. Book order for surveying equipments at Janak India.