Monday, October 26, 2009

Turning the pages

I'm so pleased to have my art included in the latest *gorgeous* issue of Cloth Paper Scissors. There is a ton of amazing work in here. I especially love the "Stuffed Horse Ornaments" by Samantha Jenkins and "Everyday Women" by Nola Hart, but that is naming just a few for sure.

My article included in this issue provides a step-by-step to creating art with flashcards. I promise, it will get you thinking about equations in a more artistic way.

The original flashcard pieces featured in the article are now available for sale over in my etsy shop. These pieces have been created on vintage self-hanging plaques so there is no need for additional framing. Prints of the originals are also available.

Okay back to sick kids. That certain flu has officially hit our house...yes it's definitely multiplying which means my undivided attention has been focused on sanitizing and taking temperatures. As a result, we had to subtract our weekend travel plans. Nothing more to add to that (except of course to bug you with math puns. Sorry about that. : )

3 comments:

Robin Norgren, M.A, R-YT, Spiritual Director said...

I remember one of the first posts I read on your blog was about these cards and presto Now the "whole world" knows how beautiful they are! Congratulations!

June Pfaff Daley said...

thanks Robin...both for the sweet compliment and for sticking around through many more postings! : )

Anke Martin said...

HI June! Congratulations!!!!!! I thought when I looked through my issue...hey wait a minute I know those canvases!!!!! I haven't had the time to read it yet but the time will come and I enjoy reading my new issue including your article!!!!
Smiles, Anke ;)