Thursday, July 30, 2009

why can't i resist?


Every time I go here this (see above) happens. Today I muttered to myself that I would steer clear of those tempting bottles. I'd get what I needed and get back out. The curve ball was that I had my 10-year old with me. Cara said she'd be looking at "it" while I was getting the things on my list. Well after I found the list items, I walked over to tell Cara I was ready to go...and I tried not to look, but I saw them out of the corner of my eye...the colors...the bottles...the clever names...they whispered hello...and yes, they got me. I had to try this one and that one...and our groceries are melting in the car...and I'm not here to buy nail polish in the first place..and this happens every single time......but maybe just one little bottle?

After much discussion, Cara and I agreed that we needed "Mermaid to Order." Besides loving the name, the color reminds us of swimming pools, the ocean, and sunny blue summer skies. How could we not buy a bottle with all of that?
Maybe next time I'll make it out without another color. maybe...

3 comments:

Nicole Merkens said...

so cute- i love this graphic you made ;-) Nicole

Robin Norgren, M.A, R-YT, Spiritual Director said...

A nail polish fetish huh? I guess I see the connection with working with paint and all! I think this will inspire a piece at some point right?

MB Shaw said...

It is hard to believe all the times I've been in Sephora without doing this, painting each finger a different color!! How much fun is that!?!?!? Love it.