Monday, June 8, 2009

Adding a Penny

yep. We did it. We adopted. Now our family consists of two parents, three kids and one adorable kitten. Meet Penny. Our new calico born in the back of a '55 Chevy. At least that's the place where the animal shelter said her and her litter mates were found. Just the place where you might find a penny right?

Our little Penny is the runt of the litter. She's a precious little thing half the size of her other three-month-old siblings.

What a friendly, playful, outgoing, tolerant-of-lots-of-love kitten she is. I'm pretty sure Penny has had more visitors and been held by more hands than any of my three children in their first days.

One more baby pix for now. Sweet dreams Penny. We're happy to have you.

4 comments:

MB Shaw said...

She is simply adorable!! I love the sleeping picture. And the fact that you rescued the runt of the litter. I am sure she is thanking her lucky stars that she has become part of your family.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Debbie Meyer said...

Sooooo sweet! Congratulations! I don't know how you've gotten anything done since you brought Penny home. I would want to spend all day playing with her and kissing her sweet little head. What a cutie!!

Aly- Bliss Monkey Studio said...

Found you on twitter! Love your blog. CUTE kitty!!! Oh gosh.

My advice? (since you asked and all) is that two, two, TWO kittens are better than one. If you like your house, plants, and fragile items, get two kittens. They snuggle and play together, keeping eachother occupied. They are also VERY entertaining to watch. I learned my lesson and now only get cats in pairs.

Currently we have the "old" pair and the "new kittens" (one year old). They are hysterical.

cheers