Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Cheesecakes roasting...

One of my very favorite December things to do is to bake the special treats that get saved for holidays. My mom introduced us to these super easy, kid-baker-friendly (very important), six ingredient, mini homemade cheesecakes that not only taste good, but look festively impressive. They're a big hit around here especially at Christmas and Valentines, and like I said, a cinch to make. Here's how.

First, line mini muffin tins with paper (candy size) baking cups.

Next place one mini vanilla wafer in each baking cup rounded side facing up. The mini wafers will serve as your cheesecake crust. Note: Make sure you get the mini kind. Regular size wafers won't fit.

Then, beat 2-8 oz. packages of softened cream cheese until fluffy. Add 2 eggs, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and 2/3 cup of white sugar. Beat until smooth and thoroughly combined. Fill each mini baking cup 2/3 full with cream cheese mixture...approximately 1 tablespoon in each cup.

Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 15-18 minutes or until set. Cool on wire rack for at least 30 minutes.

Finally, top with cherry pie filling when cool. Refrigerate for several hours and serve. Now how easy was that?!

A special shot out to Cool Mom Picks for featuring my Frustration Pencil Kits on their site today! Frustrationpencilwise, as of tonight, I am down to red, pink and the special holiday kits. I'll try to add more to the shop in time for Christmas, but I can't guarantee. If you're interested in having a kit for the little cheesecakes on your list you might want to head over there and grab one (or two). Thanks so much for your support of my newest venture. And if I haven't said it lately, thank you for your comments too! I love reading what you have to say.

12/4 update: Red kits are now sold out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yummy! I am totally making these this weekend. Thanks for the recipe and step-by-step instructions. :)


http://curlyillustrator.blogspot.com/