Thursday, August 28, 2008

Chalk Up Another Year

Speaking of little things, here's another one that turned out to be a big thing. Last year in a burst of energy (which come upon every so often) I made a back-to-school pencil cake. This week was so busy I thought I'd skip the cake detail of welcoming in the new year. Just getting them off with their plastic, pocket, prong folders and no-perf, wide-ruled notebooks was challenge enough. However, it was asked more than once if there would be a cake waiting when they came home from the first day of school. Momguilt overcame me, as I threw this cake together moments before the returning back-to-schoolers. I have to say, I was amazed at how excited and thankful they were about a kind-of-looks-like-a-chalkboard cake. I guess we now have another sweet tradition.

No comments: