Saturday, February 7, 2009

Early bird

I have often been amused by the old saying, "The early bird gets the worm." When I was younger, I remember my mom attempting to rouse me in the morning by singing cheerfully, "Rise and shine...the early bird gets the worm." I think I had a valid point when I reasoned that I didn't want a yucky worm anyway so goawayandletmesleep. As fate would have it, I ended up turning into an early bird. I accomplish more in the wee hours of the morning than the rest of the day (with the help of a little caffeine mind you.)

Out of my three kids, I have at least one early bird. He often joins me in the studio before everyone else is awake. In the case of this early bird there's no worm reward, but he does get quality time with Mom. Two birds of a feather working away during our favorite hours of the day.

Early Bird is available as a print in my etsy shop.

3 comments:

Christy/Tiddly Inks Digitals said...

Love this little birdie and your style is very nice. I like the texture and feel of it. :)

ale balanzario said...

Very nice illo, June, like the early bird and how you illutrate the saying.
Ale.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful illustration!