Saturday, March 8, 2008

Spring Ahead?

I hardly think this is fair. When I give up an hour of my precious sleep for daylight savings I expect in return the promise of warmer days ahead. Instead our dear Queen City is under a snow emergency. We stopped counting at 14 inches. Even the postal service wasn't around for mail delivery. If we did get a newspaper today, we can't find it.

I have to give credit to my spunky almost-three-year-old. Nora's not letting a little snow stop her. She's had enough of sleds and is staging her own protest. She dug out a trike and is trying her hardest to pedal through this unseasonable amount of snow.

The older kids are happily doing snow appropriate activities—building forts, throwing snowballs and riding sleds. They've been outside almost all day. Maybe it's worth losing that hour after all. That's just as long as spring promises not to be too far behind.

1 comment:

Susan Hines-Brigger said...

We all needed that extra hour of sleep after shoveling and playing in the snow all day. And now that we've had our one good snowfall I'm ready for spring.