Sunday, August 12, 2007

Oven Alert


I admit I had no business even going near my oven in this heat, but I couldn't help it. The problem is we're going to a family picnic and I'm signed up for dessert. I happen to have storeboughtcookieitis which (if you're not familiar) is the condition related to one's inability to purchase or consume cookies with elves on the package. I contemplated driving my car to a bakery which is slightly less disturbing to me than elf cookies, but I couldn't do that either. I had to make cookies in my oven regardless of the mercury outside. Baking is creating and therefore something I find fun. Dozens of peanut butter cookies (PBC) are now happily cooling on racks. Most are familiar with the PBC crisscross pattern on the top created by pressing the tines of a fork into the dough before baking. I like to experiment with different kitchen tools to get more unusual PBC. See if you can guess which everyday kitchen tools lended their patterns to these cookies. Stay tuned for "Utensils Revealed" tomorrow!

No comments: